NT Branch Committee
|Kevin Dunshea||Vice President|
Education and Other Events
The NT Branch of CENA is committed to promoting the educational pursuits of emergency nurses. As those of us who work in this remote areas will attest, this is not an easy task to overcome with ED nurses working far and wide. If you believe that CENA can assist you to achieve your educational goals please contact us.
We are exploring the following;
- What the needs are of CENA emergency nurses within the territory. A needs analysis is currently being prepared for sending in May 2017
- CENA NT workshops in subjects such as: triage/suturing/promotion of peer feedback on the floor/paeds assessment/credentialling… that we would like to present in Alice Springs,Tennant Creek, Darwin and Katherine to begin with (hoping to include option of call in for other locations).
- Starting an online spot to share education and ideas
- Partnering with local universities and indigenous health care related training centres to promote emergency nursing/patient care.
Becoming a Member of CENA
Top Reasons to Join
- Subscriptions to Australia’s only emergency nursing journal, the internationally recognised Australasian Emergency Nursing Journal. (Applicable to full members only. Associate members are entitled to a reduced subscription rate available on request)
- Access and discounts to educational activities and conferences promoted by CENA and other participating organisations
- Representation at local, state, national and international levels
- Entitlement to membership on various sub-committees and working parties that influence policy and decision-making in emergency health care
- Access, on application, to grant applications and research funding
- Discounted membership to The College of Nursing
Developing a professional recognition scheme for specialist nursing
Credentialing sets a standardised benchmark for the recognition of specialised practice in nursing. It is a mechanism that is used by nurses to promote the provision of quality health care within a given nursing specialty or area of practice.
Credentialing validates specialised knowledge, enhances professional credibility, and indicates achievement of specialist nursing standards by an individual nurse.
This website provides information about credentialing for nurses, including research, articles and links to credentialing programs.