BEN MORLEY SCHOLARSHIP
In recognition of the need for better disaster care
Call for Nominations
The Ben Morley Scholarship is offered to support a CENA member to undertake education, research or quality improvement activities which focus on disaster management. This scholarship was initiated after the Bali bombing by the parents of Ben Morley in honour of their son who had died only a short time earlier. His parents, both critically care trained nurses and in Bali at the time of the bombing, provided vital first aid and care to large numbers of victims of this tragedy. Their first hand experience of the devastation gave them the desire to see disaster management better supported through education, research and development initiatives.
The Scholarship value this year is $2,000.
- Applicants must be current financial member of CENA
- Applicant must be a member of CENA for at least 2 years
- Applicants must commit to being a financial member of CENA for the two years following successful attainment of the scholarship
- The proposed research, education or development opportunity must be relevant to the field of emergency preparedness and continuity management
- Applicants must demonstrate how this scholarship will benefit a) the applicant and
b) emergency nursing
- Applicants will be required to prepare a written report for submission to the Board, via the Chair of the Research Committee within 2 months of the completion of the research, education or development opportunity
A selection panel will be appointed and chaired by the Research Committee Chair / Executive Director. The decision of the selection panel is final.
Applicants must nominate using the official online form and also submit a request for scholarship funding, addressing the above guidelines and clearly articulating the cost breakdown of their proposal, including any supporting documentation, for example proposed conference program, and details of other funding submissions that are relevant to the application. The applications must also include a copy of the applicant’s curriculum vitae.
Successful applicants will be notified by the Chair of the selection panel and the details of the winner and their proposal will be hosted on the website.