The College of Emergency Nursing Australasia (CENA) is the peak professional association representing emergency nurses. There are large numbers of nurses working in emergency and many more in circumstances which see them providing emergency care to patients outside of emergency departments. This includes nurses working in small regional and rural hospitals, health care centres and flight nurses. CENA represents a total of approximately 1200 nurses nationally and internationally.
Full Membership is open to all registered nurses and enrolled nurses. Associate Membership is available to medical and paramedical professional.
Invitation to attend
The conference committee extend a warm welcome to all emergency nurses to attend the 18th International Conference for Emergency Nurses (ICEN) for the College of Emergency Nursing Australasia (CENA) to be held from 14th – 16 th October 2020 at the Gold Coast Conference and Exhibition Centre, Queensland
CENA Instagram | Is Live !
Thank you to the many EDs for sharing your amazing festive team photos. We will be uploading these to our Instagram – follow us at ColEmergNurseAus and tag us using #CENAorg!
CENA Strategic Plan 2018 – 2020 / 2019 Annual Report
The Board of Directors is pleased to provide members with the Strategic Plan for 2018 – 2020. This document outlines many of the desirable outcomes and associated activities that the College will pursue to maintain its alignment with the historical vision and purpose of the College. The document, is a contemporary framework to focus the efforts of the Board, while still providing space for flexibility to pursue opportunities relating to vision.
Top Reasons you love being an Emergency Nurse
Registered Nursing Opportunities | St John of God Health Care
St John of God Health Care is a leading health care provider, with private and public hospitals, home nursing and Social Outreach services throughout Australia.
Available positions are:
- Associate Nurse Unit Manager (Night Duty) – 25058
- Critical Care Registered Nurse (Night Duty) – 25003
- Clinical Nurse Specialist – 24719
Positions will be offered on a permanent full time or part time basis working a rotating roster.
St John of God Geelong Hospital is seeking applications from experienced and suitably qualified Critical Care Registered Nurses to join the multidisciplinary team in our Emergency Department.
The Emergency Department was opened in 2014 and has quickly gained an excellent reputation, being awarded Australia’s top-ranked ED (press ganey survey 2015, 16.) The Department sees 11,000 patients per year, with approximately 15% paediatric presentations. The hospital has recently expanded services to include cardiothoracic surgery, and growth of the ICU/CCU and has seen an increase inpatient acuity. The Emergency Department will soon extend to provide a 24/7 service
The successful candidate will have:
- A willingness and capacity to embrace the Mission and Values of St John of God Health Care.
- Registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (AHPRA) as a Registered Nurse.
- Posession of a post-graduate qualification in critical care (CCRN positions).
- Demonstrated recent experience in emergency nursing.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Well-developed skills in communication, conflict resolution, negotiation and problem solving.
- Salary packaging
- Flexible work options
- Professional development
- Parking available
Access to the incredible lifestyle advantages that come with living & working in the Geelong region, world-class beaches, river & bay activities, cycling, arts, wineries, cafes & bars, excellent schools less than 1 hour to Melbourne.
For enquiries please contact Erin Sharp, Nurse Unit Manager on (03) 5215 8767. To apply, please go to https://erecruit1.mercury.com.au/SJOG/ and enter the relevant reference number.
You are a dedicated registered Nurse looking at further developing your management and leadership skills or you are an accomplished Associate Nurse Manager; either way, you are ready to take this next step in your Career. You lead by example, thrive working in a dynamic, fast paced environment and are truly passionate about delivering a high standard of evidence based nursing care to all patients. You also have an established track history working within either an emergency/acute/critical care setting and passionate about continuing your career within Emergency Services.
- have Previous experience in clinical leadership & mentoring role
- are well respected & highly regarded by peers & colleagues
- have excellent communication & superior time management skills
- have a genuine passion & interest in nursing management
- are also highly motivated & enthusiastic in pursuing an ongoing career in emergency nursing at Monash Health
- an advocate of Monash Health’s Strategic Guiding Principles
What You Need:
- Postgraduate qualification in Emergency/Critical care
- Clinical leadership experience & mentoring a team
- Current AHPRA registration
- Recent emergency department clinical experience
- Relevant working visa if required
- Relevant qualifications
What is in it For You:
- A supportive learning environment
- Avenues to further develop your Leadership skills
- Mentorship and Career guidance
- Educational support to further your Acute Clinical Skills & expand your knowledge base
- Support to attend Conferences and Courses
What We offer:
- In addition, as an employee of the largest public health organisation in Victoria, you will receive benefits such as Salary Packaging, access to onsite staff car parking and gym, uniform and Employee Assistance Program.
- access to Monash Health in-house learning portals to further expand your acute clinical skills & knowledge base
- avenues to further develop your leadership & project management skills
- mentorship & career guidance
- support to attend relevant forums & conferences
- a supportive learning environment, should you wish to undertake postgraduate studies
In addition, you will have access to benefits including salary packaging to increase your take-home pay, access to onsite staff car parking and gym, uniform and the Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
How to Apply
Monash Health recognises the value of equal employment opportunity and is committed to patient safety and promoting fairness, equity and diversity in the workplace. At Monash Health we are relentless in our pursuit of excellence and work to our six guiding principles.
Preferred candidates will require a clear Police Check and a current Working with Children’s Check prior to any offers of employment being made.
As part of our selection process, you may be invited by email to participate in an on-camera video interview.
Please note, applications will only be accepted via the Monash Health online Mercury System – e-mail applications will not be considered.
Search our Facebook community ‘Nursing and Midwifery Careers at Monash Health’ to be part of an online group; keep updated with recruitment tips and opportunities at Monash Health.
Apply NOW to join our dynamic & busy Emergency Department at MMC, Clayton & remember to please clearly highlight in your cover letter which area/role you are applying to.
To view the full position description and to APPLY NOW, click here
Job Positions | Emergency Advanced Practice Nurse – Emergency Department (Registered Nurse 3)
Calvary Public Hospital Bruce
Permanent Part Time Position
Salary Range: $106,795 (Plus Shift Allowance and Super)
About the role
We are seeking Emergency Advanced Practice Nurses, to form a key part of our team delivering advanced care to patients at Calvary Public Hospital Bruce Emergency Department.
Our Advanced Practice Nurses see and treat specific presenting complaints, meeting the needs of our healthcare consumers. These highly trained staff provide supported, though autonomous care in accordance with a Standard Operating Procedure, confirming such care within the multidisciplinary team prior to discharge or referral.
The expansion of our Emergency Department heralds an exciting time to join our well regarded, dynamic and inclusive multidisciplinary health care team. Our Advanced Practice Nurses will focus on our Nurse Practitioner led extended Fast-Track/See and Treat section, including Nurse Practitioners, Medical Officers and Primary Care Physiotherapists.
About Calvary Public Hospital Bruce
Calvary Public Hospital Bruce (CPHB) is a 265 bed multi-discipline, modern health care facility serving the ACT community. At CPHB, our patients and their families expect a highly skilled, compassionate and dedicated workforce. Calvary staff pride themselves on ‘being for others’. The patient journey is at the centre of Calvary’s philosophy within our models of care.
Calvary is a national Catholic provider of health, community and aged care services operating in six states and territories. Our services include public and private hospital care, acute and sub-acute care, home care services and retirement and aged care services, in both rural and metropolitan areas. Calvary employs over 11,000 people and has over 1,500 volunteers.
Calvary continues the mission of the Sisters of the Little Company of Mary, a mission focused on caring for those who are sick, dying and in need. We express our values of hospitality, healing, stewardship and respect through “being for others” exemplified by the Spirit of Calvary and the example of Venerable Mary Potter.
What you bring
- Work to the upper limit of the scope of practice for an RN3, within the limits of an Registered Nurse
- Provide clinical care in accordance with the Advanced Practice Nurse (APN) scope of practice (APN trained staff)
- Work is characterised by the ability to identify appropriate areas for consultation with patients/carers/teams, follows up agreed actions and reports outcomes
- Models expert skills and behaviours for the provision of supportive care for all patients
- The development, implementation and review of organisational policies, programs and procedures related to the ED portfolio
- Support the rostering of ED/SSU nurses
- Complete the following elements of the Emergency Nursing Program (ENP) or be granted Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) (minimum):
o Foundations level
o Intermediate level
o Advanced level
How to apply?
Applicants are expected to respond in writing with a cover letter outlining the following:
- A cover letter (max 1 page) stating your suitability (using the position description as a guide) for the role; a response to selection criteria is NOT required and will not be considered as part of your application
- Current Resume
- Contact details of 2 professional referees
Closing date for applications: 11:45pm Thursday, 30th January 2020
Applications must be submitted online via: http://www.calvary-act.com.au/career-vacancies.html
Please note we are unable to accept emailed applications or resumes and phone calls from recruitment agencies.
Contact officer for further information:
Phone: (02) 6201 6111
Are you looking for a new challenge?
Did you know that Médecins Sans Frontières delivers medical assistance in more than 70 countries around the world?
At any one time, around 2,500 international personnel contribute to a global team of close to 35,000 Médecins Sans Frontières field staff who provide emergency medical care. Australian and New Zealand professionals fill more than 200 field positions annually.
Kate White is a Nurse who has worked with Médecins Sans Frontières in Libya, Tunisia, and South Sudan. Watch her video fora glimpse into the life of a Nurse working with Médecins Sans Frontières: msf.org.au/nurses
We are currently looking for Emergency Nurses or Nurses with Emergency Care expertise (Australian or New Zealand residents) who are able to commit to at least nine months in the field, and who are ready to share their skills and support our medical humanitarian work around the world.
Interested in finding out more?
More resources are available on our website, along with information about how to apply and the essential criteria.
You can also register for recruitment updates and find information about upcoming information evenings and webinars. It is recommended to participate in at least one webinar and/or attend an information evening before submitting your application.
Read about working for Médecins Sans Frontières and check that you meet the specific role requirements msf.org.au/nurses
Register for recruitment updates: msf.org.au/join‐our‐team/work‐overseas/register‐for‐updates
Working to deliver medical aid overseas requires a serious commitment. We are looking for people who have taken their time to consider what it might be like and are prepared for a significant challenge. Please ensure you carefully review all of the criteria and information available on the website before applying. And if you know someone who might be suitable for one of these positions, please pass on this information to them.
Recruitment is open year‐round
Head of Field Human Resources
CENA Professional Development
CENA offers a variety of professional development opportunities at discounted rates for members.
The CENA Affiliation Program establishes formal links with other emergency nursing and health care organisations to foster relationships that facilitate and enhance the aims and objectives of each organisation.