The College of Emergency Nursing Australasia (CENA) is the peak professional association representing emergency nurses. There are large numbers of nurses working in emergency and many more in circumstances which see them providing emergency care to patients outside of emergency departments. This includes nurses working in small regional and rural hospitals, health care centres and flight nurses. CENA represents a total of approximately 1200 nurses nationally and internationally.
Full Membership is open to all registered nurses and enrolled nurses. Associate Membership is available to medical and paramedical professional.
Annual General Meeting
Thursday 17th October 2019
12.50pm, Balcony 3 & 4
Hilton Adelaide Hotel
(233 Victoria Square, Adelaide, SA)
- Welcome to members
- Confirmation of AGM Minutes – 11th October 2018 (Members can download a copy of the Minutes from the Members Portal)
- Executive Directors address
- Notification of appointment of Directors for 2019/2020
- Finance Directors Report and presentation of audited financial statement
- Acceptance of Audited Financials 2018/2019 (Members can download this report from the Members Portal)
- Appointment of Auditor 2020
- Constitutional change – Addition of a Retired Member category of membership requires member vote. Download a Proxy Form * (Members can download a copy of this proposal from the Members Portal)
- College Governance (Members can download a key points document from the Members Portal)
- CENA Board composition
- Board Director term of appointment
- Language and structure of “Executive” to emphasise succession planning
- Remuneration of Board Directors
- Introduction of a paid CEO role
* Item 7 – should a Proxy vote be submitted it must be returned to the National Office, or representative, at least 24 hours prior to the meeting. Per Item 23.2.1 of the Constitution, proxy forms will not be accepted after this time
Invitation to attend
The conference committee extend a warm welcome to all emergency nurses to attend the 17th International Conference for Emergency Nurses (ICEN) for the College of Emergency Nursing Australasia (CENA) to be held from 16th – 18thOctober 2019 at the Hilton Adelaide, South Australia.
The 2019 theme is EXPAND. EXPLORE. EXCEED.
We look forward to welcoming you and your colleagues to the 17th International Conference for Emergency Nurses. Visit the website for further details
CENA Strategic Plan 2018 – 2020 / 2018 Annual Report
The Board of Directors is pleased to provide members with the Strategic Plan for 2018 – 2020. This document outlines many of the desirable outcomes and associated activities that the College will pursue to maintain its alignment with the historical vision and purpose of the College. The document, is a contemporary framework to focus the efforts of the Board, while still providing space for flexibility to pursue opportunities relating to vision.
That’s got to hurt: A guide to facial trauma
Anaphylaxis anxiety – Calming the nerves
Hour of Power – Artlines/Pacing
Top Reasons you love being an Emergency Nurse
Are you looking for a new challenge?
Did you know that Médecins Sans Frontières delivers medical assistance in more than 70 countries around the world?
At any one time, around 2,500 international personnel contribute to a global team of close to 35,000 Médecins Sans Frontières field staff who provide emergency medical care. Australian and New Zealand professionals fill more than 200 field positions annually.
Kate White is a Nurse who has worked with Médecins Sans Frontières in Libya, Tunisia, and South Sudan. Watch her video fora glimpse into the life of a Nurse working with Médecins Sans Frontières: msf.org.au/nurses
We are currently looking for Emergency Nurses or Nurses with Emergency Care expertise (Australian or New Zealand residents) who are able to commit to at least nine months in the field, and who are ready to share their skills and support our medical humanitarian work around the world.
Interested in finding out more?
More resources are available on our website, along with information about how to apply and the essential criteria.
You can also register for recruitment updates and find information about upcoming information evenings and webinars. It is recommended to participate in at least one webinar and/or attend an information evening before submitting your application.
Read about working for Médecins Sans Frontières and check that you meet the specific role requirements msf.org.au/nurses
Register for recruitment updates: msf.org.au/join‐our‐team/work‐overseas/register‐for‐updates
Working to deliver medical aid overseas requires a serious commitment. We are looking for people who have taken their time to consider what it might be like and are prepared for a significant challenge. Please ensure you carefully review all of the criteria and information available on the website before applying. And if you know someone who might be suitable for one of these positions, please pass on this information to them.
Recruitment is open year‐round
Head of Field Human Resources
CENA Professional Development
CENA offers a variety of professional development opportunities at discounted rates for members.
The CENA Affiliation Program establishes formal links with other emergency nursing and health care organisations to foster relationships that facilitate and enhance the aims and objectives of each organisation.