WA President's Message
We are keen to hear from our membership. If you would like to become more involved in committee work or if you have an issue/concern in which you would like us to become involved, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sarah-Louise Moyes | President WA Branch
Education and Other Events
The WA Branch of CENA is committed to promoting the educational pursuits of WA emergency nurses. As those of us who work in this vast state will attest, this is not an easy task to overcome with ED nurses working far and wide from tertiary ED’s in the metro area and in towns as far south east as Esperance and North as Kununurra and over 3000km in between. If you believe that CENA can assist you to achieve your educational goals please contact us.
TO BE RUN IN SEPTEMBER
CLINICAL SEMINAR UPDATE
Disasters are something we hope never to happen but need to prepare for. If your department was hit with a disaster or major incident would you know what to do? Join the WA CENA committee to discuss all things disaster. Topics will include updates about the WA Disaster plan to special interest topics including counter terrorism, first hand experiences caring for patients with Ebola and toxicology input into what is Sarin Gas. We hope you can join us.
Bruce Hunt Lecture Theatre
Royal Perth Hospital
Wednesday June 28
1700 – 2030
Members $50 | Non Members $65
Telehealth Options available for country participants
Members $40 | Non Members $55
A Certificate of Attendance worth 3.5 CPD hours will be issued on the night.
A light supper will be provided.
Parking is available at Moore Street Car Park. RPH is also accessible by train and CAT bus
Becoming a Member of CENA
Top Reasons to Join
- Subscriptions to Australia’s only emergency nursing journal, the internationally recognised Australasian Emergency Nursing Journal. (Applicable to full members only. Associate members are entitled to a reduced subscription rate available on request)
- Access and discounts to educational activities and conferences promoted by CENA and other participating organisations
- Representation at local, state, national and international levels
- Entitlement to membership on various sub-committees and working parties that influence policy and decision-making in emergency health care
- Access, on application, to grant applications and research funding
- Discounted membership to The College of Nursing